The technological revolution has propelled us to save time, money, and resources by using different software to automate tasks in all walks of our lives. The impact of technology and development is perceivable in the industries of healthcare, hospitality, communication, television, business, politics, etc. The education sector is not far behind and has also adopted digital advancement for smoother performance and productivity.
A school management system software is a set of computer-generated codes and commands that store and manage large amounts of data related to a school, an educational institution, or an organization. They simplify everyday tasks of administration, teaching, and learning. A good school software not only speeds chores like communication, bill payment, class tracking, etc. but also makes them effortless and precise.
With numerous options available for school management software systems and a variety of features in each of these, choosing the most appropriate school management software to meet your needs can be daunting. Thus, here is a comprehensive list to help you make this decision easy:
Here is the List of Top 10 School Management with Features & Pricing
A consolidated school management software, Ayotree brings everything together on one platform. Easy to use, from anywhere at any time, Ayotree is compatible with various devices like laptops, mobile phones and tablets, and boasts a broad spectrum of customizable features. Widely preferred by large institutions with multiple campuses, the school software management system manoeuvres large amounts of data and allows multiple users to work simultaneously.
It began as an online language school software for developing countries, and gradually evolved into a multi-faceted cloud-based school management software suite. Ayotree integrates online payment portals, trackers, schedules, and virtual classrooms.
› Key features:
• All tools for the efficient functioning of the organization operable by all-in-one management tools.
• Virtual classrooms with good audio-visual quality, whiteboard, screen sharing, and chat rooms give the best learning experience.
• Cloud-backed data with the latest updates keep pace with changing technologies.
• Multilingual and customizable user interface.
• Ample storage and data handling for better performance.
• Multiple campuses at different locations with many webpages are all manageable by one.
• Straightforward pricing. No surprises.
• One can use their domain name and email.
• Simple and efficient, the features are upgradable as the institution grows.
• Professional customer-service and maintenance.
To aid smarter decision-making, Ayotree provides a free one-month trial and a product demo to interested institutes and organizations. If you love the flawless performance of Ayotree, subscribe to one of their three plans post the trial period. The Standard plan, with basic features, starts at $12 a month. Premium and Franchise are designed for multi-campus institutions and cost $50/ month and $175/month respectively. Ayotree offers a 10% discount on the total cost of a lumpsum payment made annually.
A robust and powerful interface, MySchool is the go-to school administration software system for institutes that can spare some time for a little training. A secure web-based school management software system, MySchool is flexible and reliable with quick installation and data migration.
Solely focused on the myriad tasks revolving around teaching, learning, and administration, MySchool school management software is trusted globally by many educators. It boasts of a large clientele from all over the world. MySchool has established itself in K-12 school administration software. They are a talented group of people who only bring the best to the table.
› Key features:
• Detailed data storage options for all stakeholders.
• Airport and transport management for boarding schools.
• Inbuilt storage and data back-up options.
• Compatible with different devices and search engines.
• Unbeatable security management.
• Excellent security for your institution and its data.
• Compliant with local, national, and international standards.
• Compliant with popular learning tools interoperability standards of IMS Global.
• Experience of 10+ years in the market.
The pricing plans for MySchool have varying rates depending on the number of actively enrolled students in a school. The various add-ons that cater to K-12 schooling, can be added to the basic plans for a nominal fee. Much like other school software systems, MySchool has formulated three packages based on usability and productivity requirements. The prices at MySchool begin from €11/student and go all the way up to €25/student per year. MySchool offers free setup and data transmission irrespective of the package chosen. These packages are not inclusive of the cost of specially designed custom elements.
Based out of Bangalore, India, Fedena is a committed school management system software for schools and institutes to automate their daily operations. Trusted by more than 40,000 schools and colleges, Fedena handles a broad spectrum of activities from small everyday chores to bulk data management effortlessly. It is available in 22 languages including, Spanish and French and, is available in 200+ countries.
The software comprises 20 core-modules, 15 pro-modules, 13 pro-plus modules, and 8 enterprise modules that span the fields of education, management, administration, and communication. New modules are added every month to enhance the experience Fedena provides. User-friendly and customizable, Fedena offers 24/7 support and custom reports to their clients for hassle-free functionality.
› Key features:
• Fedena school software recognizes the need for evolution and allows for customization to suit the uniqueness of the institution.
• Easy to learn and manage, it is operable by anyone with a basic understanding of computers.
• It utilizes modern web technologies and cloud storage facilities, so you will never have to delete anything again.
• Secure and reliable, it is compatible with different devices and plugins.
• Fedena offers customized reports, data privacy with efficient and smart management of information for all its stakeholders.
• Easy to comprehend and operate.
• Reliable support and services.
• Customer-centric and user-friendly interface.
• They offer the lowest rate of any ERP software in the field of education.
• Designed according to the latest guidelines of CBSE.
• Web-based and open source.
• Built with a robust programming framework, Ruby on Rails.
Fedena gives a free demo to help you understand how it works before you make the final call. With affordable prices, free hosting and abundant features, the plans they offer are namely Pro, Pro Plus, and Enterprise.
Starting at ₹36,000 the Pro plan comprises of 20 core modules and 15 pro modules with email and webinar training support.
The Pro Plus plan at Fedena comprises of 20 core modules, 15 pro modules, 13 pro plus modules with communications support, online training, designated account manager, and data entry services like record-keeping, indexing, and sorting.
The Enterprise package is power-packed with customization frameworks based on source code. It comprises all the elements of the Pro Plus package and 8 additional enterprise modules with on-demand training.
A school administration software like no other, Classe365 is everything you are looking for and more. Ranked as the Best School Administration Software by leading technology review platforms, Classe365 focuses on spreading knowledge through traditional and blended environments. Integrated with Amazon Web Services (AWS), the software furnishes all its users, both public and private, with the US Navy security standards. The globally located AWS data centres make it convenient to host data in and around the same location as that of their customers.
› Key features:
• The software is equipped with pre-admission features like management of application forms, paperless admissions, online fee transactions, and form mapping to SIS.
• Flipped classrooms enable students to learn at their own pace.
• The integration of CRM and SIS handles interested candidates and active students by identifying them and nourishing their interests.
• Courses, electives, classes, and degree management is easier than you think.
• From billing services to invoicing, the software not only stores transactional data but also provides statistical reports and document security.
• Blended learning and online quizzes keep students involved in learning from the comfort of their homes.
• Other customizable integrated features and add-ons can also be added.
• A one-stop solution for all online school management and administration.
• Equipped with the latest technology, they have the potential to make learning innovative and exciting.
• Compatible with both iOS and Android, the software runs on numerous devices.
Classe365’s pricing plan is directly proportional to the growing number of active students at an institute. While the option of paying every month is viable, the payment made annually with an additional 10% discount on the total price is more cost-effective. The plans start at $50/month for 0-100 students and go up to $500/month for 500-1000 students.
With experience of two decades, Twine is a school management software targeted at private schools, academies, and charter schools. Back in the day, the team at Twine noticed the lack of software solutions for private schools and decided to do something about it. With modern-day changes, private schools have a reputation to maintain. Twine is designed to cater to the premium requirements of private academies while managing the data with high security.
› Key features:
• Well established parent-teacher communication systems inform and engage parents in the lives of their children.
• It has an attractive website that generates more leads for school admissions.
• Online classrooms are powered by education, collaboration, and discussions.
• Alerts and SMS notifications are a part and parcel of the software.
• Twine student panorama tracks every aspect of a student’s journey.
• Professional services uplift the private school's online profile garnering more audiences.
• The free features at Twine are simple guides and resource materials for administrators, teachers, and staff to run a private school like no other.
• Integrated with Google, Office 365, iOS, Android, and Windows.
• It both empowers and simplifies the daily workings of an institute.
• Focused on individuals that form a community, the software builds an online school culture.
• The approach to each project is professional and innovative.
• Efficient design processes and never-ending support is their strength.
One can start using Twine with an affordable start-up fee and expand the program as the school grows. Like many other school software, the pricing plans at Twine are influenced by the student size and additional features.
The Twine essentials include orientation and management features, communication, and community building tools clubbed with software integrations.
The monthly subscription at Twine for its Core Essentials suite starts at $100/month for 1-50 students and reaches up to $925/month for 800-1000 students. The onboarding fee is $1200 irrespective of the student size. The cost goes up when 1 or 2 add-ons are availed along with the core suite. When the number of students exceeds 1000, the representatives at Twine tailor-make a subscription plan based on the particulars.
A comprehensive online school management software, QuickSchools was curated for schools small in size. Many believe that smaller schools do not need management software and hence do not use it. A myth, smaller schools need good school management software as much as, if not more than, the bigger schools. They do not use one because the plans are far too expensive. Here is where QuickSchools comes to the rescue. Specifically designed for smaller schools, it is affordable, secure, and reliable.
All you have to do is just go online. The team at QuickSchools manages all the technicalities that accompany a school software like performance issues, data storage, hardware, and software, back-up, etc. If you find the task of data migration and organization tedious, they will do that too!
› Key features:
• Homework, assignment, and exam tracking to simplify students’ and teacher’s tasks.
• Parent Portal and teacher interaction with multiple communication features.
• Admission management for smarter administration.
• Student information system for effective management.
• Quick report card and transcript creation.
• Paperless invoicing and fee tracking.
• Free training material and guided walkthroughs accessible for all stakeholders.
• Easy to navigate with a friendly user interface.
• Simple software with robust cloud-based programming.
• Continuous and relevant updates clubbed with 24/7 customer support.
• Try it. Love it? Then buy it. QuickSchools offers a 30-day free trial period, no credit card required. When you’re convinced, that this is it, pick from one of their plans, and get started right away.
• The three plans offered at QuickSchools are Gaia, Apollo, and Athena.
• Starting at 0.99¢/student per month, Gaia is specially designed for schools with limited student size.
• The most popular plan, Apollo is $1.49/student per month and includes all the features of Gaia and more.
• The Athena plan is the premium plan for small schools and is $2.99/student per month.
A cloud-based school management software, ThinkWave is a digital learning solution for distance education. With easy-to-use grade books, that cover assignments, homework, and submissions, the software is programmed to auto-generate reports and transcripts thereby saving time. ThinkWave facilitates distance learning in both electronic and print media. With great interactive features and audio-visual quality, it proves to be one of the best picks in the market.
› Key features:
• Easy accessibility and navigation for everyone.
• Sensible cloud-based security and customer care services.
• Hosted on prominent platforms with education innovators like Udemy and Khan Academy.
• Inclusive of all licenses, so you avoid legal hassles.
• Frequent updates to keep up with the changing technical landscape.
• Web-based cloud storage.
• A one-stop solution for distance learning.
• Affordable for all sizes of schools.
Post a 30-day free trial pick a plan that adds value to your school setup. The costing changes with the number of active students enrolled in the institute. As ThinkWave caters to schools of all sizes, its pricing plans begin from $14/month for 1-15 students and go up to $299/month for 421-550 students. The total cost incurs a 10% discount when paid yearly.
Skyward is a school management software that focuses on K-12 education development (SIS) and Municipality Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP). With 30 years of experience in the industry, Skyward has catered to over 7 million students. It was awarded the-'2019 Company of the Year' by EdTech Digest.
The software is designed in three product suites with customized add ons. The three suites are K-12 SIS, K-12ERP, and Municipality ERP. The school software is a combination of finance and management programs along with education and entertainment elements.
› Key features:
• Remote learning and distance education system solutions.
• Ensures the family's engagement in students’ activities.
• Student services and tracking to aid easy learning.
• Easy management of the office and administration tasks.
• Classroom tools to facilitate better learning.
• Payroll management and employee tracking to prevent lags.
• Well-thought asset and financial management.
• The software is designed to cater to the varying needs of an educational institution.
• It connects the administrators, teachers, and parents to the academic progress of the student.
• Committed and efficient team support available 24/7.
Schedule a live demo or sign up for the video demo, Skyward makes decision-making easy. It delivers a world-class experience of using School management software. Contact their sales representative for pricing information.
Blackbaud is software solutions for various industries like arts and cultural organizations, higher education institutes, and K-12 schools among many others. Recognized as the Leading Employer for Diversity by Forbes, Blackbaud promises nothing but impeccable quality. With 35+ years of experience in the field, it is a flexible and impactful school management software solution designed especially for K-12 education. It is a purposefully-built software that cultivates an unmatched cloud-based learning experience.
› Key features:
• Innovative education and communication tools.
• Superior experience for parents, staff, and teachers.
• Education management through a regulation of student information, lead management, and learning experience.
• Marketing and social engagement to promote the school's activities and create an online profile.
• Data enriched services that deliver reports for administrative purposes.
• Fundraising and financial management, so that not one penny goes unaccounted.
• Secure payment services for all its stakeholders.
• A top-notch software experience with impeccable features and functions.
• Leading-edge cloud innovation.
• Consistently good user reviews.
• An experienced team that delivers the best and nothing less.
• A sustainable approach to software integration.
The financial plans for software solutions are hand-curated at Blackbaud. Get in touch with their sales representatives to know about their schemes and pricing.
NetSuite ERP, designed by Oracle, has been recognized for its cloud-based financial computing. NetSuite makes labour-intensive tasks like order procurement, management processes, and Excel-based reporting easy, quick, and employee-friendly. A league of its own, the school software at NetSuite is designed for institutions that are focused on economic growth and viability. Its business intelligence model provides fundraising management, expenditure tracking, and management and regulates the relationship between all of its users.
› Key features:
• Recognizes and responds to problems before they escalate.
• Discards data silos and unifies data in one place for easy regulation.
• Adaptive features that are resource enriching.
• Impeccable integrated budgeting and cloud-backed financial solutions.
• Reduction in IT costs and an increase in sales.
• Efficient and transparent approach.
• Planning, budgeting, and forecasting tools aid in better communication and decision making.
Contact the sales representative to know more about customized planning plans.
» What is School Management Software?
The COVID-19 global pandemic has forced the world to shift online. The advent of modern technology, coupled with this need for social-distancing, has opened avenues for businesses, networking, entertainment, and especially education that were previously unthinkable.
School software management is a set of computer-generated commands that help manage big data regarding students, academics, finances, administration, and other specifics of a school. School management systems make record-keeping and communication effective and efficient, both in terms of cost and money. School administration software is also, big on saving resources like paper, stationery, and time. The use of the technology of online school management systems enables one to access data through web-connected devices and provides a common platform for the storage of information.
» What are the features of School Administration Software?
It goes without saying that an effective online school management software is one that provides a comprehensive educational experience and operable facilities to the staff, parents, and students of the school. However, it is essential to ensure that the school management software features are both adequate and meets your expectations. Thus, some characteristic features to look out for when choosing a good school software are:
› Student Particulars:
One of the primary users of the school management system software are students. Information about them, from academics, schedules, homework and assessments to their medical conditions, billing accounts, and achievements are stored and managed in one common online platform.
› Parent Portals:
A parent is forever curious and concerned about their child's bright future. The parent portal provides updates to parents through web applications about the academic progress and activities of their children. It not only helps them participate in their ward’s growth but also provides clear communication directly from the school and its staff.
› Teachers Hub:
The other targeted users of the free school management software are the faculties and staff at school. Class schedules, assignments, submissions, and other related services become easier to manage for the teachers through a common portal that ensures no overlaps and an organized approach to the school year.
› Integration of AI:
With the emergence of technology, AI has become an inevitable part of our collective future. The integration of AI with the school software system allows for optimization and efficient management making tedious tasks like data management and query handling, effortless.
› UI/UX interface:
An efficient school software is one that is easy to operate, navigate, and is quick. A well-designed school management software open source provides the users with the ability to perform the desired actions both effectively and efficiently.
› Automated and manual communication:
Clear and precise communication is the key to the smooth functioning of any institution. Online School management software is integrated with email, chatting, and other transmission plugins to provide a direct link of unhindered communication between all the users of the platform.
› Class Tracking and timetable management:
Time is of the essence, and being on time is vital to the attendance of a student. With changing timetables and heaps of homework, it is easy for one to feel lost. Online school management systems make quick work of class tracking and attendance management by integrating calendars, time tables, and class changes.
› Online classes and seminars:
With an unprecedented situation like that of today, home-schooling has become the need of the hour. School software provides access to recorded classes and a wide array of live seminars that allow students to learn even in difficult times.
› Online assessment:
Assessment is a significant part of tracking progress. Not only can one readily access and submit online assignments, but the virtual platform also enables students to attempt MCQs, video assignments, and essays on the same test. Grading of homework, exams, and assignments is just a click away with the school software management system's online grading.
› Admissions and information:
The school software provides a dais for the school to display its public profile. It enables interested personnel to review information about the school and their programs for admissions and careers.
» What are the benefits of School Administration Software?
If you are still wondering whether school management software will add value to your school’s teaching-learning experience, here are a few advantages of using school administration software that will help you make a choice:
The use of school software has reduced the time spent in different processes by leaps and bounds. They make it simpler and less time-consuming to organize, store, and retrieve data when necessary.
School administration software store essential data on various activities and connect multiple people to the same at the same time. It improves efficiency and ensures that all stakeholders are on the same page.
› Transparent communication:
The availability of messaging and chatting features allows transparency and quick communication between parents, students, teachers, and the institution.
› Quick tracking:
Different students, their classes, schedules, assignments, grades, transport, attendance, billing, etc., are easy to keep track off. All the information is available in one click on one platform.
› Big data and cloud computing:
As students come and go, the data and their particulars increase with time. This vast amount of data is impossible to regulate manually. Large amounts of data are effortlessly managed by Big data technologies and stored on the cloud for quick access in the future.
Paper, stationery, time, effort and so many more essential resources are saved by the use of online school management systems.
› Reduced workload:
The school management software benefits include reducing the workload and providing relief to teachers and staff members of the institution. Easy management and storage of data and statistics avoid the need for physically maintained records.
Online school software systems prove to be cost-sensitive by reducing the cost of communication, commute, workforce, and resources.
» What are the factors to be considered in selecting School Management Software?
With so many software to choose from, it can get confusing to decide on the one that fits the needs of your institution perfectly. To help you figure out the same, here are some factors you should consider before selecting a school software.
› Good Reviews:
Know someone who uses school management software that satisfied them? Ask around. Get more information. Good reviews come to school software developers with good market history. It is advisable to pick a school software with experience in the market and unwavering popularity. There are also plenty of review platforms available online.
Before picking a software system, it is of utmost importance to create a list of necessities of the school/institution and the various functions the platform is to serve.
› Easy usability and navigation:
There is no point to a software setup that one cannot use. The key to a coherent school administration management system lies in its attractive user interface and facile navigability.
Each institute is unique, and so must its online platform be. Customizable features allow easy configuration and hassle-free workflows.
Long term cost-effectiveness outweighs the initial costs of setting up a school management system. Despite this, it is always a good idea to compare market prices and vendor quotes before taking a final call.
› Service and support:
Every software throws up glitches with constant use. A school software system developer who renders support and services 24/7 is a smarter pick any day of the week.
› Updates and integration:
Like any other software system, school management system software is at its best when upgraded with time. Pick a developer that provides updates to match the pace of the online world.
› Safety and security:
The online world is not free of its threats and safety concerns. In such a scenario, data is at the risk of being lost or worse, stolen. It is advisable to pick a school software with backup features and data protection services.
» How much does a School Management Software Cost?
It is imperative to understand the costs, affordability, and the factors that influence the pricing.
Cloud storage and data backup facilities play a pivotal role in influencing the charges for school software. If GPS and activity tracking features are integrated into the software with location tracking and alerts, it can increase the cost. Further, the larger the number of students in an institute, the higher the price of the software.
Most school management software developers organize their quotations into three or more plans suiting the needs of a broad spectrum of educators. The geographic location of the software development companies influences the currency and the rates charged for each of these software and their additional features. The price for school management software systems ranges anywhere from 99¢ to $1200 per month. The cost can go higher depending on the customization and add-ons availed.
» What are the latest trends in School Management System Software?
With fresh innovations and creative enthusiasts, new trends take shape every day in the field of software development. The latest in school management software trends are:
› Mobile apps:
The children of today were born into the generation of technology. Visual aids, recorded classes, and online assessments have made online academics, away from typical classrooms, a possible reality. The school software systems are designed to be accessible through mobile applications, facilitating education and management.
› Automated responses:
School management software engages multiple people like parents, students, and school staff. Automation of regular academic updates, accounts, records, and other data speeds the process and increases its accuracy.
› Stats and analytics:
Organized data and analytics is crucial for informed decision making when it comes to the various industries involved in the functioning of an institute. As a result of this, school management software developers are trying to integrate statistics and analytics into the software for better understanding.
› Interactive learning:
Enjoyable learning is effective learning. Many school management software firms have come up with innovative ideas like the play-and-learn concept to make learning more fun and less monotonous.
› Online transactions:
E-wallets are a new way of banking. Interweaving secure payment portals with the framework of the school software is the latest school administration software trend.
› Managing big data:
Growing institutes warrant for expanding data. Big data technologies and technical glitch solvers are being developed by school software management firms to generate a hassle-free experience.
With the ever-evolving world, it can get hard to keep pace with the changing tides of education. A school software system makes storage, handling, and retrieval of data of an institute and its people easy, effective, and efficient. It enables better communication and fosters good relationships between the stakeholders of the platform, making it the perfect enabler for education in the new normal.