With more than 72% of the customers using email as their main channel for business communication, it has turned out to be one of the best ways to contact prospects both B2B and B2C. If you do not want to miss prospect opportunities, as a marketer, efficient lead generation is all you need to get hold of their email addresses.
Earlier, it was not an easy task as finding a single email address required a lot of time and effort. Some of the outdated techniques for lead generation, that were once highly used
- Use of search engines like Google - It is time-consuming but filling the search bar with the right combination of keywords was once the most used technique. Example - [Name] + [Location] or [Name] + [Name of the Company] or [Name] + [Position in the Company] and so on.
- Using Social Media Accounts - Social media channels have been very popular for sellers who prefer email marketing and SMS marketing. The biggest example is LinkedIn. It is the central hub for professionals, send a connection request and once accepted you can get the email address in their info section. Similarly with Twitter’s advanced search feature search for (at) (dot) and enter your prospect’s Twitter handle. This will reveal any tweets that contain an email address from your prospect’s profile.
These manual techniques are tedious and lengthy, but if you are still using them it is time to introduce you to the best email finder tools available in the market.
» What are email finder tools?
Email finder is a lead generation tool that allows finding personal or business email addresses online through various web pages. Most of these email finder tools work as web applications, chrome extensions, or both.
» How can email finder tools help in business growth?
Email finder tools are needed for email prospecting, the process of researching and connecting with potential leads. It automates the process of finding prospects for cold outreach done for brand awareness or sales boost. Such tools are generally simple, easy-to-use, and save a lot of time in getting emails in front of the right people.
Email finders are very useful for e-commerce business owners and agencies that are involved in cold email outreach and need to identify hundreds or even thousands of email addresses regularly. Once you get these email addresses, the e-commerce owners can welcome the new customers by connecting e-commerce stores with email service providers. They are equally valuable for entrepreneurs and small businesses that need specific targeting, are starting from scratch, and require compiling of email lists. Any email lists gathered from email finder tools need to undergo verification tests to rule out the possibilities of invalid email addresses.
» Benefits of email finder tool
Email finder is crucial when you want to reach more people and grow your business not just externally but internally too. Few of the benefits -
- Successful recruitment - Discover the email addresses of specialists within a specific niche, connect with them, and set up an interview. An email finder can speed up the process of locating the right person, saving up many of your resources.
- Generating leads - Email finder allows reaching out to marketing leads that can be converted into customers in the future.
- Business Development - With email finders, you can connect with people integral to your success like - investors that will be likely to contribute to your company, or influencers for promotion, business partners, etc.
» What factors should be considered before purchasing an email finder tool?
The availability of multiple email finder tools complicates the decision of choosing the right tool. Here are a few comparison criteria that should be considered.
- Pricing - Each tool comes with various plans. A one-man army may have different needs when compared to a large business. Go through the plans based on the prices, the services that come along, and finalize accordingly.
- Free trial - If you are new to lead generation, try and test the tools before making a purchase. Pay attention to the tools that can offer free trials.
- Technical features - Before finalizing any tool, pay attention to the fulfillment of your technical needs. A few examples-
- Does the finder provide quality leads for both B2B and B2C audiences?
- The higher outreach you are pursuing, the more leads you will require. Does the tool offer opportunities to find email addresses in bulk?
- Many businesses require corporate email addresses only, does the tool have a domain search feature?
- Apart from finding email addresses, you may need tools that verify and validate them. The tool you search for should have the email verification feature or should be able to integrate with a highly accurate email verifier.
- Integrations - The use of CRMs, ESPs, and other management platforms is common which makes it important for such tools to easily synchronize with other applications.
- Convenience - A tool may be complex to use in terms of structure and operation but should be easy to grasp and convenient to use. A good tool should provide comprehensive guidelines and practical tips.
- Customer support - 24×7 available to answer questions about technical nuances.
- Reviews of current users - Look for review platforms to learn about the experience of other users and also an instant comparison of tools to their competitors.
» Top ten email finder tools - Comparison table
|Categories||Rocket Reach||Reply||Lead Leaper||Aeroleads||Clearbit Connect||GetProspect||Adapt||Hunter||FindthatEmail||Lusha|
|Monthly $ starts from||$59||$70||$19||$49||$60||$49||$49||$49||$49||$39|
|Credits for that price||125||Unlimited||1000||1000||1000||1000||500||1000||5000||50|
|Charging for duplicates||Undisclosed||No||No||Undisclosed||No||No||Undisclosed||No||Yes||Undisclosed|
|Find by name/company domain||Yes||No||No||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|Works on LinkedIn||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||Yes|
|Bulk search on LinkedIn||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||Yes||No||No||No|
|Works with Sales Navigator||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||Yes||No||No||Yes|
|Bulk search on sales navigator||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||Yes||No||No||No|
|Adding to specific list from extension||Yes||Yes||No||Yes||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||No||Yes|
|Credit Roll over||No||Yes||No||Undisclosed||Undisclosed||Yes||No||Yes||No||Yes|
» Top 10 Email Finders Tools 2022
Another popular tool to find company email addresses; the services it offers- email finder, domain search, and email verification. The statistics show 95% of verified emails is deliverable. If you enter a target domain e.g. Facebook, Hunter will come back with as many verified emails as it can find for that domain.
RocketReach allows you to find personal and professional email addresses, social media accounts, and phone numbers from a database of over 400+ professionals across 15 million companies. The necessary information can be gathered from more than 50 sites in a single search.
It is a Chrome extension that automatically collects all the contact information of the people you’ve looked up to on LinkedIn, Gmail, or your CRM. It comes with unlimited email searches so you don’t get stuck waiting for new credits.
4. Lead Leaper
Leadleaper is a Chrome extension using which you can find verified business email addresses of LinkedIn members. LeadLeaper remembers all the searches made in the past and does not charge for any duplicates. The bot feature allows capturing details of over 600 leads at a time.
Aeroleads is used to collect B2B leads from social media channels revealing their business email address, job title, phone number, etc. The results can be downloaded as CSV or directly exported to any ESP/CRM in use.
GetProspect email finder is a comprehensive B2B lead generation tool, allowing you to find and verify corporate email addresses. Notably, it has an extensive contacts database supported by CRM features, a Google Sheets add-on, and a real-time Chrome extension email extractor. It is excellent for a targeted lead generation on LinkedIn due to its bulk extraction functions and straightforward approach.
It is another extension available in the Gmail inbox that lets you search email addresses directly in the compose screen. Clearbit is available as a web browser too.
It allows you to discover business emails using the prospect’s first name, last name, and website name and comes with a Chrome extension. You can find contact details from social URLs, including Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram with this tool and also use the Prospector tool to build a list of prospects based on key criteria, such as location, job title, and more.
It is a sales acceleration platform having a different process - Lead Builder, Prospect, and Engage. The Lead Builder is a database of over 100 million business contacts, allowing a search for leads that match your criteria before exporting them - and all their contact information - to your CRM.
It is considered the ‘Yellow pages of email’. The site helps in finding details for professionals in millions of companies worldwide. Instead of taking into use the scraped public data or any guesses based on patterns, FindthatEmail relies on reliable data sources for its results. Such results are further checked for any incorrect records which are automatically removed.
Lusha is available as a Google Chrome extension and web application. It is specially designed for those looking for proprietors and individual decision-makers in a company. You can make your prospects list in no time by scraping any email address and contact number. The Plugin currently supports LinkedIn, Gmail, and Salesforce.
Right contact details are essential for the success of your sales campaigns. There are a lot of options when it comes to finding the correct email address, fortunately, by seeing and comparing which tool matches all your needs, you can save time and quickly find the addresses you need.
About the Author: Bharti Jain is involved in creating, developing, and coordinating all manner of content marketing at Clearout & ClearoutPhone. These are Saas products used for email verification and phone validation respectively. Bharti is the author of more than 50 articles and Ebooks and develops vlogs too. You can reach out and connect with Bharti on LinkedIn.