Managing orders in today’s fast-paced and omnichannel business world is not a piece of cake. It requires undivided attention, an eye for accuracy, and a proactive approach. And ticking all these boxes solely through human efforts, without making any errors, is practically impossible. That’s why businesses are turning to order management software now to make things easier.
Order management software or OMS Software is a system that handles the entire lifecycle of your business orders, right from order inception to its fulfillment. The software starts tracking the order the moment it is placed, along with all its related details. That not only ensures on-time order completion but also fuels effective coordination among disparate teams, including sales, logistics, and customer service.
Furthermore, the OMS software also helps you keep your inventory up-to-date, notifying you about the stock levels in real-time. It also automates many of those time-consuming & redundant back-office processes, giving your team more time at hand for complex tasks.
Think that is all?
Well, it is not. An order management system leverages the latest technologies to offer you actionable insights in the form of accurate data and real-time reports. Whether it is the performance of a particular product range, customer behavior, monthly sales, or buying trends, you can know it all through the system. That significantly improves your business decisions.
Top 10 Order Management Software of 2022
Whether you are a wholesaler or a retailer, Brightpearl’s order management solutions can streamline your orders for you. The software centrally stores all your orders - both offline and online - to prevent you from missing out on any business opportunity.
This multichannel OMS caters to diverse businesses, including apparel, consumer goods, footwear, and DIY supplies. The system simplifies the whole process by automating order processing and fulfillment. It also takes the clutter out of the invoicing and shipping workflows. The best part is, the software offers integrated accounting for hassle-free financial insights.
- Omnichannel order management
- Automated order processing & fulfillment
- Ecommerce integrations
- Omnichannel inventory sync in real-time
- Integrated POS (Point of Sale)
- Customizable workflows
- Third-party integrations for e-commerce, accounting, shipping, logistics, and more
- Customizable terms for wholesale consumers
- Flexible workflow for returns
- Reporting & business intelligence tools
- It helps decrease order processing & delivery time, thus, elevating consumer experience.
- It takes the complexities out of managing multiple orders at the same time.
- It offers centralized storage of order information, letting you find whatever you need in seconds.
- It promotes data-driven decision-making through its accurate performance insights.
You need to contact the Brightpearl team for pricing details of the order management system.
› Why Brightpearl?
Brightpearl’s OMS solution is packed in with an efficient automation engine that speeds up your order processing and shipping activities. Hence, it is one of the best order management software to use for your organization.
If you’ve been looking for good order management software for retailers, then Veeqo’s OMS deserves your attention. It is designed after considering specific order management requirements of retailers.
Thanks to the system, you can manage all your orders from different sales channels on a single platform, effortlessly. That enables you to stay on top of each order coming in. At the same time, it helps you steer clear of overselling or inadequate inventory levels. Furthermore, the system also lets you manage all the refunds and return claims from a single place across your finance, customer service, and warehouse teams.
- Multichannel order processing
- Wholesale order and inventory management
- Functionality to sync inventory across more than 17 diverse sales channels
- Bulk printing of shipping labels
- Customizable invoice creation
- The scan function to obtain information on any order
- Instant, insightful sales reports
- The Veeqo Scanner for order picking accuracy
- Physical store connection
- Warehouse management
- Streamlined accounting tasks
- Anytime, anywhere access through its cloud solution
- It systematizes your entire order management procedure from across channels.
- It helps save your time through automated processes.
- It provides a quick scan and search option to obtain details of any record, anytime.
- Its detailed reports enhance your business decisions.
- It simplifies handling accounts.
Veeqo’s order management software is available in a range of plans. Its basic Accelerator plan can cost you £120 a month, while the Enterprise one is available at custom pricing.
› Why Veeqo?
Veeqo offers a practical OMS solution that takes the hassles out of order and inventory management for retailers. Its flexibility, along with ease of use, is what makes it an ideal choice, no matter the size of your business.
Zoho Inventory is an online order management software that helps manage purchase and sales orders more effectively. Ideal for businesses of all sizes and stature, this Zoho product can be customized to your distinct business requirements.
From simplifying your shipping and packaging to facilitating online payment collection, it packs in much more than just automating your multichannel orders. The software tracks your goods’ expiration date and batch number to ensure your customers only get fresh products. Its advanced inventory control system also notifies you to refill your stocks on time. What’s more? It offers streamlined warehouse management and precise inventory reports.
- Item management - Group/bundle items, manage multiple warehouses, track items, and more.
- Customer lifecycle - Manage sales orders, invoicing, packaging, and shipping.
- Vendor relations - Create lists of vendor prices, billing and purchase order solution, drop shipments, and back order
- Integrations - Integrate with other solutions, including CRM and accounting
- Automation - Scan barcodes for auto-filling details, tailor-make functions, and emails
- Smart features - Generate SKUs, perform analytics and reporting, reorder points
- It allows complete control over your inventory.
- It centralizes the disparate orders on different platforms, providing easy, prompt information access.
- It simplifies invoicing and accounting processes.
- It is also available as a mobile app, giving real-time updates so that you don’t miss out on the status of your orders.
This simple online order management software is available in different packages. The basic one, with limited features, is available for free. Its most popular Professional plan can cost you $1188 a year, per organization. You can also opt for its Standard, Premium, and Elite packages.
› Why Zoho Inventory?
Zoho Inventory’s smart features, such as item grouping and serial number tracking, are a real stand-out, making it swiftly to our list of the best. It enhances the entire customer lifecycle minus the manual work at each step.
With Orderhive’s multichannel order management solutions for businesses, you can focus on growing the number of your orders instead of managing them. The OMS brings all your orders, online and offline, into a well-organized, single dashboard for you to fulfill them all on time.
More than a regular order processing system, it offers a holistic overview of your daily operations. Whether it is bulk actions on your orders, shipping, custom workflows or invoice templates, the solution includes it all.
The best part is that the system can handle unlimited orders on unlimited channels for seamless business operations.
- Multiple sales channel integration
- Priority setting for warehouses for order fulfillment
- FIFO method of inventory
- Customizable, overall views
- Custom identification tags
- Customizable and standard invoice templates
- 300+ couriers for shipping
- Bulk order actions, such as confirmation, cancellation, imports, and exports
- Cloning of repeat orders
- Real-time order status
- Multiple currency conversion
- Customer details management with full order history
- It eliminates inefficiencies arising out of human negligence or errors with its process automation.
- It saves your administrative cost and time through its centralized interface and third-party integrations.
- It helps you stay informed with its real-time order status and rapid synchronization.
- It improves coordination between your team members with increased transparency and ease of communication.
Out of the many plans Orderhive offers for its OMS, the Lite one costs $44.99 a month whereas, the Growth package costs $269.99/month. The Starter pack, its order management software for small businesses, is priced at $134.99 per month.
› Why Orderhive?
Orderhive’s OMS is a practical solution that seamlessly manages your multichannel orders. Its custom views, coupled with effective synchronization and simple bulk order management, bring it to our top five.
The intelligent platform of the IBM Sterling Order Management solution empowers you to surpass your customers’ expectations with ease. The system consists of advanced mechanisms to seamlessly put together your whole fulfillment network in one place.
From arranging orders from multiple channels to organizing inventory to improving the visibility of the deliverables, IBM’s OMS is your comprehensive solution. What’s more? The solution works well for B2B and B2C businesses, across industries, with additional add-ons and customized features.
- Aggregation of multichannel orders
- Inventory tracking and management
- Customizable workspace organization for distinct network locations
- Ability to modify fulfillment options for each order
- Customized, proactive alerts
- Performance monitoring of all fulfillment channels for preventing stockouts
- It offers flexibility and customization to fit your individual business goals.
- It empowers you to take immediate actions in real-time, such as adjusting shipping capabilities.
- Its intelligent tools let you view, order, and fulfill anywhere based on its centrally managed, real-time inventory levels.
- It offers reverse logistics for tracking inventory and management of repairs and returns.
You have to get in touch with the IBM team for pricing details of its Sterling Order Management system solution.
› Why IBM Sterling Order Management?
IBM Sterling Order Management software surpasses your expectations with its super functional reverse logistics, scalability, and personalization features. Its real-time data helps make prompt yet strategic decisions, landing it a spot in our top 5 OMSs.
If you are looking for reliable all-in-one order management software, SkuNexus can be a great choice. Whether it is managing multiple locations or fulfillment in-store, the system brings in unparalleled efficiency in everything surrounding your business’s order operations.
The OMS system is flexible to adapt to your unique business requirements. It is designed in such a way that you get complete control over your workflows. The best part is, SkuNexus provides you with total access to the source code of its platform, enabling end-to-end customization. You could change anything & everything - be it the software’s UI or the designs of your shipping labels.
- Automation of the order management process
- Synchronization of inventory, across channels, in real-time
- Automation and better management of order fulfillment across vendors and locations
- Smart warehouse management tools, including barcode scanners and batch shipping
- Multi-vendor management on a single platform
- Shipping price decisions, comparisons, and shipping management
- Integrations with other systems, including ERP, accounting, e-commerce, and shipping carriers
- It provides you with full control over your order management and operations.
- It improves overall efficiency through its centralization and automated processes.
- It helps fulfill orders in the minimum timeframe.
- It saves your time through its hassle-free integrations.
- It can scale with ease as your business undergoes expansion.
The cloud-based order management system by SkuNexus is available in four different plans: Cloud Basic, Full, Pro, and Enterprise. The Basic plan is available at $299 a month, Full at $799 per month, and Pro at $1499 a month. For the Enterprise one, you’ve to request the quote.
› Why SkuNexus?
The out-and-out customization offered by SkuNexus is the highlight of its order management software. And it is the reason it secured a place in our top 11 OMSs. It lets you make the system your own, the way you want. Without compromising performance quality or scalability.
With TrueCommerce Nexternal, managing your business orders coming in from a variety of channels becomes uncomplicated. It is a comprehensive business solution, offering you everything from a CRM system to marketing tools in a single platform.
The software is also fairly smooth in organizing both your inventory and product listings with a few clicks. And since it is a web-based order management system, you can come back to it anytime, irrespective of where you are.
- Omnichannel order management, including fax, mail-in, and phone orders
- Monitoring of orders shipped previously
- Order tagging for special processing and reporting
- Marketing tools for campaign creation, running, and monitoring
- Sales report generation
- Invoice generation
- Credit processing
- Printing of shipping labels
- Access permissions for different user roles
- It streamlines your order processing capabilities.
- It saves your time with its comprehensive dashboard.
- It lets you handle your CRM and marketing activities from a single place.
- It takes the trouble out of creating invoices and processing payments.
- It provides actionable insights for better business decisions.
You have to fill in the form on their website to receive a quote for the TrueCommerce Nexternal.
› Why TrueCommerce Nexternal?
What stands out in TrueCommerce Nexternal is its unique offerings in the form of CRM and marketing tools. For any business, whether it is B2B or B2C, these are crucial aspects critical for growth. And the way this solution amalgamates them with its order management functions made us choose it for our top 11 list.
The order management software for e-commerce by ecomdash speeds up your e-commerce shipping process significantly. One of the most easy-to-use OMSs, this solution not just tackles order processing but the entire order fulfillment lifecycle.
Whether your store is on Amazon, eBay, or Shopify, this system allows you to bring all your sales channels together in one place. It also takes care of maintaining the right product quantities round the clock. Additionally, it facilitates vital bulk actions, such as assigning orders and printing shipping labels.
- Management of orders from multiple channels
- Order fulfillment across warehouses with rapid routing
- Hassle-free shipping process
- Auto-splitting of orders based on their priorities
- Automated dropshipping
- Third-party integrations
- Reporting tools
- It organizes all your orders from different directions in a single platform, saving you a lot of time and resources.
- It furnishes any piece of order information you need within seconds anytime through its centralized storage.
- It accelerates order fulfillment, enhancing customer experience to a great extent.
- It integrates with other systems, such as accounting and e-commerce software, for streamlined business operations.
The pricing of this e-commerce order management software begins at $25 a month. The software is also available for free with limited features.
› Why ecomdash?
The seamless way in which ecomdash’s OMS connects with all the major e-commerce platforms gives it an edge over others. Add to that its easy to move around UI. And it turns into a practical solution for organizations across sizes, qualifying a spot on our list.
The integrated order management software by Acumatica Cloud ERP relieves you from the conventional time-consuming, tedious paperwork. It not just streamlines your orders but also escalates the visibility into the entire order lifecycle.
An excellent choice for companies providing services, this OMS takes care of both your purchase and sales orders. It also allows you to create sales quotations easily. Apart from that, it lets you define your own rules when it comes to managing credit limits, returns, as well as drop shipments.
- Sales order management with price tracking, inventory monitoring, shipment creation, and more
- Integrated workflow
- Automated verification of credit limits
- Integration with purchase orders
- Vendor bidding
- Automated requisitioning process, including order collection, purchase order issuance, and approval of quotes
- CRM integration
- Automatic audit trail for all transactions
- Receipts and returns of non-stock goods
- It saves your time through automation.
- It simplifies discounts and pricing.
- It reduces the duration of order processing.
- It provides you with real-time information for cost control.
The pricing of Acumatica’s OMS is available on request.
› Why Acumatica Cloud ERP?
The Acumatica OMS shines through its transparency in managing the entire distribution and supply chain with insightful real-time data. It helps you stay on top of your costs. And take measures to control the same, the primary aspect we chose it in our list.
Managing e-commerce orders becomes easy yet efficient with the order management system by ShipStation. It packs in multiple ways to organize all your online orders so that you never miss any growth opportunities.
What’s striking about ShipStation’s OMS is its level of automation of many tasks related to the order fulfillment process. Furthermore, the system is capable of combining, filtering, as well as splitting your orders. Without any glitches. Since it brings together possibly everything important regarding your business orders in one place, you can bid adieu to all your stress.
- Ability to combine multiple orders for the same location
- Splitting of orders containing items from different locations into multiple shipments
- Filtering of orders based on criteria, for instance, stores and destinations, for viewing and prioritizing orders
- Pre-built order alerts
- Order tags with color-coded labels
- Order editing capabilities
- Reporting functions for products, orders, and shipments
- It makes your scattered order management process a centralized one, bringing ease of operation.
- It speeds up the order fulfillment duration.
- It offers accurate insights for you to make informed business decisions.
ShipStation’s OMS is available in numerous plans and packages. Its Starter plan costs you $9 a month, while its most popular Gold plan costs $69 per month.
› Why ShipStation?
ShipStation’s order management solution is easy to use, thanks to its simple but functional UI. The highlight is the way it allows you to split, edit, tag, and filter orders, making the whole shipping process smoother. Add to that its clear, concise reports which let you extract, group, and filter the data you require in a breeze. And both these factors together are the reason why it is on our list.
LinnWorks’ order management system solution streamlines each step in your order management process - right from order receipt to fulfillment. It will free you up from having to maintain diverse sales channels on different platforms with its all-in-one, centralized dashboard.
And that’s not all. The software comes in with advanced automated functions to effectively manage your ever-growing order volumes. At the same time, it also lets you carry out bulk actions - be it order picking, processing or packing. What’s more? It offers complete visibility across your fulfillment and shipping channels for managing order alerts to your consumers accurately.
- Workflow configuration as per your business process
- Automated management of orders
- Centralized actions for order tracking and managing, for instance, order editing and filtering
- Permission access for warehouse users
- Streamlined shipping
- Order alerts to customers
- It gives you more time on hand to grow your business with automated processes.
- It provides full transparency into the entire lifecycle of orders, improving your operations.
- It allows you to connect directly with 3PL, fulfillment partners, and carriers, speeding up your shipments.
- It improves customer satisfaction with seamless post-sales services.
For pricing details of this OMS, contact, and book a demo with the LinnWorks team.
› Why LinnWorks?
The clutter-free interface, along with smooth functions, is what places LinnWorks’ OMS at par. Moreover, it allows you to configure the system according to your distinct business workflows. That brings inadequate personalization, convincing us to include it in our list.
Now that you have the list of the best order management systems (OMS software) at your disposal, choosing one should be easier. Gain a clear understanding of your business requirements, compare different systems and their features, and pick the best-fit option.
Order Management Software - Buyer’s Guide
Curious to know everything about order management? You’ve landed up at the right place. In this research, we will walk you through order management definition, software, features, benefits, and much more. So, let’s begin!
» What is Order Management?
When a business receives an order, it follows a systematic process to fulfill it. That process is known as order management. It includes accepting the order, picking it, packing it, shipping the package, and tracking the same until it reaches the customer.
In simple words, the order management process begins right after a customer places an order and ends when you successfully deliver the order.
Sounds like an easy process which you could handle all by yourself?
Sure it is. But only when you’re just starting out your business. Because initially, there are limited orders and less hassles to complete them.
As your business grows, you have more customers to cater to, coming in from multiple sales channels every day. And a relatively larger inventory to manage. In such a case, handling all of this manually becomes overwhelming. There are possibilities of errors and delays too. That’s when an order management system can save you the trouble.
» What is Order Management Software?
Order management software is a software solution that allows you to manage every single consumer order from one place. Irrespective of where they come from - online or offline.
The system can handle the entire lifecycle of your business orders - from its placement and acceptance to picking and shipment to delivery. In short, it covers the whole journey from the “Buy Now” button to “Delivery”.
Also known as an OMS software, it replaces manual labor with its automated processes to speed up order processing and fulfillment. And since most of the OMSs offer synchronization with your inventory, maintaining the right stock levels is no longer a headache.
Moreover, it brings more visibility, transparency, and control into your entire sales and distribution channel. As a result, you’re able to complete customer orders on time, every time, without compromising on the quality.
Are you wondering how does it all work? Let’s find out.
» How Does an Order Management System (OMS) Work?
An order management system solution functions by integrating all of your orders from different sales channels into a single platform.
Let’s say, for instance, you sell through your own business website, a store on Amazon and Flipkart, in addition to a physical retail store. When you start using an OMS, you will have a single dashboard to view, manage and fulfill orders coming in from all these channels.
That means no more logging into different platforms to track your sales orders! Just open your order management software, and take a look into what is happening. From the orders in the processing queue to the ones already shipped to the new arrivals, everything is right there on a single screen.
Now let’s break down the process in the following steps:
- The system captures the customer order and runs an inventory check. If the items are in stock, it confirms the order by collecting payment.
- It then forwards the order details to the warehouse. The warehouse employee then takes care of it by picking, packing, and shipping the items ordered.
- The employee enters shipment details into the system for monitoring.
- All this while, the system sends alerts to the customer regarding their order status.
- Once the order reaches the customer, the same is updated into the system and marked as fulfilled.
But what about returns and exchanges?
The order management system allows you to set your own parameters and rules across channels for returns and exchanges. So when a consumer makes an exchange/return request, the system accepts it only after validating the pre-defined criteria. And if found fit, it processes the request, initiating the disposition and reimbursement procedures.
The highlight is, the OMS syncs your inventory in real-time, preventing stock-outs. It also offers direct integrations with shipping carriers, streamlining the entire sales and distribution funnel.
However, for smooth functionality and optimal performance, an OMS has to have a specific set of features. What are those features? Let’s explore.
» The Features of Order Management Software
1. Centralized order management
The best on-premise and online order management software allows you to manage more than one sales channel from its platform without any hassles. All the information regarding each of your orders is stored centrally - whether they come from your online store or a retail outlet. That facilitates prompt access to order data while boosting the order fulfillment cycle.
2. Inventory management
Strategic management of inventory is key to business growth. Hence, an ideal OMS includes inventory management capabilities so that you don’t overstock or understock any items. The system syncs your stock levels in real-time and updates you about the same. Some systems can also place orders for out-of-stock items automatically, making things even simpler for you.
3. Fulfillment & shipping integrations
By integrating all the fulfillment centers on its platform, your OMS empowers you to choose the nearest center based on the location and the available stock. Similarly, the integration with multiple shipping carriers helps pick the most convenient one for both - your consumers and you.
Such integrations also make it possible for you to track the orders in real-time. It also helps process payments by offering multiple payment methods.
4. Customer management
The system packs in functionality to manage customers across your sales funnels with a centralized database. It contains their basic information, including their past orders and shipping details. That helps in communicating with customers when they need any assistance.
5. Tracking, alerts, and updates
Since every top order management solution incorporates advanced technologies, it keeps you updated with live order details. Such updates include current stock on hand, the orders out on shipping, and freshly received orders. Besides, the system also notifies your consumers about the status of the orders they have placed at every stage.
6. Reports and analysis
A majority of leading order fulfillment software solutions offer robust reporting and analytics tools to provide you with actionable data. From product reports to sales reports, it can produce a variety of reports that you can customize as per your needs.
Every leading OMS offers customization of its features so that you can make the software you own entirely. The level of personalization differs from system to system.
Every good OMS solution is scalable enough to handle the growing requirements of your continually expanding business.
9. Third-party integrations
Many order management software let you integrate other leading solutions that you already use. For instance, accounting, ERP, and CRM. That gives way for seamless business operations across organizational levels.
» What are The Benefits of an Order Management System?
Shifting to an order management system frees you from having to manage a pile of papers. Every detail, after all, is present in the system. But that’s not the only advantage of using an OMS. There are several more, listed below:
- It saves a lot of your time through automation which would otherwise be spent on manually processing and entering orders. That enables your team to focus on more critical duties.
- It frees you from juggling between multiple platforms to manage your orders through its omnichannel functionality. That also reduces the repetitive data entries.
- It provides anytime, anywhere access. Meaning, you can stay updated about your business no matter where you are or which device you are using.
- It streamlines order processing and fulfillment, letting you close orders faster.
- It always maintains just the right level of inventory with accurate synchronization, refraining you from scenarios such as over/understocking or stock-outs.
- It provides you with real-time, accurate data, promoting a proactive approach.
- It increases transparency among your team, as well as with customers since they always get the information they need without asking.
- It can make precise sales forecast, track KPIs, and analyze trends. All of that helps you make more informed business decisions.
Decided to buy the best OMS for your business? Great!
But how can you select the best-fit solution out of the pool of systems available out there?
Luckily, there are certain components to look for in any OMS - whether you want an order management software for manufacturing or your e-commerce business. Let’s dig deeper to explore them.
» 8 Factors to Choose the Best Order Management Software
1. Features. Make a list of what you expect to get out of the OMS. Then compare those functions with the features the software offers you. The one that ticks off most of your requirements would be an ideal fit.
2. Ease-of-use. How simple is it to move around the system? Could all of your employees learn it easily? If the answer is yes, it might be the one.
3. Scalability. Your order management software has to be scalable to fit your growing business needs. Otherwise, as your business expands its functions, you’d have to migrate to another system which can be a hectic process.
4. Integration. Choose the system which allows you to integrate with other business software you currently use at your organization. It can be your accounting or CRM software. Such integrations will streamline your workflow to a great extent.
5. Remote access. In today’s technological world, we are constantly on the move. Hence, it is wise to go for an OMS that works across devices, regardless of where you are. Some systems offer dedicated mobile apps to help you manage your business wherever you are.
6. Support. Before you finalize a system, check what kind of after-sales support and assistance the vendor has in store for you. Do they provide 24/7 support? Is there an SLA in place? Does the cost cover support services? Answers to these questions may help make a selection.
7. Cost. Pricing, as always, plays a critical part in choosing an order management system. Compare pricing from various vendors against the features they offer. And check it against your budget.
8. Deployment and training. The OMS you select should offer hassle-free installation for a quick headstart. Moreover, ensure that the vendor provides adequate training in order to start using the system effectively.
» How Much Does Order Management Software Cost?
The cost of order management software varies from vendor to vendor. The primary aspects determining the software’s pricing are its features, functions, and after-sales support. It’s also important to note that smaller, standalone systems may cost you way less than a comprehensive solution.
To give you a rough idea, the cost of a good order management system can be as low as $25 a month. And it can go as high as $2000 per month. Some vendors also offer add-on features at extra cost to add more efficiency.
In the end, it is all about what you want from the software in the long run. And whether the software has features to meet your requirements.
Order management software, when chosen after thorough considerations, can be a great asset to your business. It not only brings automation to your workflow but also helps serve customers better, opening up avenues for growth.